JavaScript is off. Please enable to view full site.

Vietnamese illegal workers put in tents ahead of deportation

Vietnamese illegal workers put in tents ahead of deportation

Sunday, August 04, 2013, 13:49 GMT+7

500 among some 1,400 illegal labor migrants, most of whom Vietnamese nationals, have been sent to a tent camp in Moscow while waiting for deportation for violating immigration rules, according to RIA Novosti.

The newspaper quoted Moscow police press service that some 200 green tents in the camp located in the eastern Golyanovo district are capable of hosting up to 900 people so they expect to receive more “guests” in the coming days. 

Among the detained immigrants, there are eight suspected bosses from Iraq, Syria, Vietnam and Azerbaijan, RIA Novosti said.

Earlier this week, police in Moscow conducted a sweatshop raid in northeastern Moscow and detained 1,400 illegal immigrants, including 1,200 Vietnamese, who are believed to live in squalid conditions. 

Federal Migration Service chief Konstantin Romodanovsky told RIA Novosti in late July that about 3 million of 11.3 million foreigners entering Russia in 2013 work there illegally.



Read more




‘Taste of Australia’ gala dinner held in Ho Chi Minh City after 2-year hiatus

Taste of Australia Gala Reception has returned to the Park Hyatt Hotel in Ho Chi Minh City's District 1 after a two-year hiatus due to the COVID-19 pandemic

Vietnamese woman gives unconditional love to hundreds of adopted children

Despite her own immense hardship, she has taken in and cared for hundreds of orphans over the past three decades.

Vietnam’s Mekong Delta celebrates spring with ‘hat boi’ performances

The art form is so popular that it attracts people from all ages in the Mekong Delta

Vietnamese youngster travels back in time with clay miniatures

Each work is a scene caught by Dung and kept in his memories through his journeys across Vietnam

Latest news

Bangladesh ferry disaster death toll climbs to 61

The death toll from the sinking of an overcrowded ferry carrying Hindu devotees in northern Bangladesh climbed to 61 on Tuesday, with many passengers still missing two days after the disaster