Enjoy your breakfast while skimming through these brief news items on Tuoi Tre News today, February 11, 2015
- Australian Consul General in Ho Chi Minh City John Mc Anulty observed at a Tuesday meeting held between the city’s People’s Committee and representatives of foreign diplomatic agencies that the city has adopted several favorable policies for foreign investment.
- The 2015 Tet Newspaper Edition Festival came to a conclusion on Tuesday at Giang Vo Exhibition Center in Hanoi. Tuoi Tre (Youth) Newspaper got an A prize for its gorgeous cover of the Tet edition.
- Blogger Nguyen Quang Lap, who was taken into custody by the Ho Chi Minh City police in December last year, has been out on bail, a senior officer from the local police department announced on Tuesday. The 59-year-old blogger is charged with propagandizing against the State.
- Around 7.15pm on Tuesday, an Audi-branded car caused an accident at a terminal of Tan Son Nhat International Airport in HCMC. The accident injured 11 people, including five seriously injured victims, and caused chaos at the terminal. The car was driven by a nephew of celebrated Vietnamese singer Ho Ngoc Ha to pick her up at the airport.
- Mai Linh Corp, a major local taxi operator, introduced on Tuesday a new taxi app on smartphones, which connects passengers and cab drivers and helps passengers gain quicker, more efficient access to the group’s services. The app is expected to be installed on all of the group’s cabs by July 1, 2015.
- The Health Ministry's Food Safety Department on Tuesday requested Binh Duong Province’s Health Department to launch an inspection on the quality of Tan Hiep Phat Co.’s products. Vo Van Minh, an eatery attendant in the southern province of Tien Giang, last week found a Number One bottle at his eatery that contained a fly and decided to call the company, headquartered in the southern province of Binh Duong, asking for VND1 billion (US$46,600) to not make the incident public. Two more customers on Monday and Tuesday reported to Tuoi Tre the presence of strange objects in two more of the company’s beverage products.
- Nghe An Province’s People’s Court in central Vietnam on Tuesday imposed two death penalties and a life sentence on three drug dealers. The gang performed several deals from late June to mid July last year before being nabbed by the local police.
- Le Hoai Anh, secretary general of Vietnam Football Federation (VFF), said on Tuesday that VFF has requested Hoang Anh Gia Lai (HAGL) Football Club and a beer company to cease the shooting of Cong Phuong, an outstanding player from the under-19 players of the HAGL– Arsenal JMG Academy in his team jersey for one of the beer company’s advertising video clip and poster. Phuong failed to seek prior consent from VFF before starring in the beer advertisement.