Thirty-seven Chinese nationals were hospitalized on Tuesday over symptoms of food poisoning following their buffet breakfast at a condotel-resort in a province in south-central Vietnam.
Their conditions were already stabilized, Le Tan Phung, deputy director of the Department of Health in Khanh Hoa Province, said on Wednesday.
The 37 Chinese had had their buffet breakfast at Diamond Bay Condotel-Resort, located in Nha Trang City, which is the provincial capital of Khanh Hoa, on Tuesday morning.
They presented with symptoms of vomiting, having a fever, diarrhea, and fatigue in the afternoon so they were admitted to Vinmec International Hospital for emergency care.
Most of them have been discharged in stable health.
The buffet breakfast included 29 dishes served to 600 Vietnamese, Russian, and Chinese diners on that morning, the Diamond Bay Condotel-Resort managers said.
Only the 37 Chinese suffered from food poisoning, they added.
Food samples have been taken for testing, the provincial Department of Health said.
The five-star Diamond Bay Condotel-Resort is located on the beachside Nguyen Tat Thanh avenue that connects Cam Ranh International Airport and the center of Nha Trang.
It boasts apartments, bungalows, hotels, spas, and other modern amenities, according to its website.