JavaScript is off. Please enable to view full site.

Family worried as household items catch fire naturally in southern Vietnam

Family worried as household items catch fire naturally in southern Vietnam

Saturday, December 03, 2022, 10:00 GMT+7
Family worried as household items catch fire naturally in southern Vietnam
An object spontaneously catches fire at the house of Nguyen Van Ba in Hau Giang Province, Vietnam. Photo: M.V. / Tuoi Tre

A family from Hau Giang Province in Vietnam’s Mekong Delta has been extremely worried after multiple objects inside their house spontaneously caught fire.

The situation took place at the house of Nguyen Van Ba in Hiep Hung Commune, Phung Hiep District, Hau Giang Province.

Nguyen Van Mung, Ba’s son, said that the situation has been going on for nearly a week.

Some laundry hung on the rack ignited for unknown reasons on Friday morning, Mung elaborated, adding that the water valve and bath sponge inside the bathroom also combusted a few days ago.

“We were so worried that we had to move out into the yard and take turns keeping watch,” Mung continued.

“We hope competent authorities can help us determine the reason and solve this problem.”

Huynh Van Ut, chairman of the People’s Committee in Hiep Hung Commune, told Tuoi Tre (Youth) newspaper that police officers had arrived at Ba’s house but had not been able to figure out the reason behind the phenomenon.

Authorities advised the family to open all doors and windows, and move flammable objects out of the house to ensure safety while waiting for a professional agency to carry out further examinations.

Chairman Ut said that this is the first time this situation has happened in the locality, adding that it was recorded at Ba’s house only.

Like us on Facebook or follow us on Twitter to get the latest news about Vietnam!

A family from Hau Giang Province in Vietnam’s Mekong Delta has been extremely worried after multiple objects inside their house spontaneously caught fire.

The situation took place at the house of Nguyen Van Ba in Hiep Hung Commune, Phung Hiep District, Hau Giang Province.

Nguyen Van Mung, Ba’s son, said that the situation has been going on for nearly a week.

Some laundry hung on the rack ignited for unknown reasons on Friday morning, Mung elaborated, adding that the water valve and bath sponge inside the bathroom also combusted a few days ago.

“We were so worried that we had to move out into the yard and take turns keeping watch,” Mung continued.

“We hope competent authorities can help us determine the reason and solve this problem.”

Huynh Van Ut, chairman of the People’s Committee in Hiep Hung Commune, told Tuoi Tre (Youth) newspaper that police officers had arrived at Ba’s house but had not been able to figure out the reason behind the phenomenon.

Authorities advised the family to open all doors and windows, and move flammable objects out of the house to ensure safety while waiting for a professional agency to carry out further examinations.

Chairman Ut said that this is the first time this situation has happened in the locality, adding that it was recorded at Ba’s house only.

Like us on Facebook or follow us on Twitter to get the latest news about Vietnam!

Duy Khang - Le Dan / Tuoi Tre News

More

Read more

;

Photos

VIDEOS

‘Taste of Australia’ gala dinner held in Ho Chi Minh City after 2-year hiatus

Taste of Australia Gala Reception has returned to the Park Hyatt Hotel in Ho Chi Minh City's District 1 after a two-year hiatus due to the COVID-19 pandemic

Vietnamese woman gives unconditional love to hundreds of adopted children

Despite her own immense hardship, she has taken in and cared for hundreds of orphans over the past three decades.

Vietnam’s Mekong Delta celebrates spring with ‘hat boi’ performances

The art form is so popular that it attracts people from all ages in the Mekong Delta

Vietnamese youngster travels back in time with clay miniatures

Each work is a scene caught by Dung and kept in his memories through his journeys across Vietnam

Latest news

Missing radioactive capsule found in Western Australia

Australian authorities on Wednesday found a radioactive capsule that was lost in the vast Outback after nearly a week-long search along a 1,400 km (870-mile) stretch of highway, an emergency services official said