He has been successful in showing off his hometown’s rice papers to the world
‘Being able to preserve the broom-making craft and help locals earn a living from it is the most important thing to me’
Tuoi Tre News introduces you to a coconut thatch-making village which idyllically nestles in the proximity of UNESCO-recognized Hoi An Ancient Town in central Vietnam
Local experts lament that Vietnamese applied art is running after other countries as it lacks creativity and incentives to spur development
In recent years, more young Vietnamese have learned culinary skills and crafted ‘Do It Yourself’ (DIY) handmade items both to have fun and give them to their loved ones, while helping cherish the crafts and domestic values at the same time
An exhibit running in Ho Chi Minh City until August 30 features nearly 200 products of ethnic minority Cham people’s handicraft villages.
A village in northern Vietnam recently won the Vietnamese record as the country’s oldest crafts village which remains in operation.
In today’s world, several traditional crafts are on the brink of extinction, with only a few artisans dedicated to passing them on to the next generation.
US$259,434 is to be spent on the 2013 Hanoi and Hong River Delta Traditional Craft Tourism Festival, heard a meeting on Sept 10.
In connection with the “Japan handmade: Crafts & Design from Kyoto” exhibition, which is now on display at the Japan Foundation in Hanoi, three distinguished Japanese experts delivered their lectures and workshops on design and crafts yesterday in HCMC.
- Hanoi chairman Nguyen Duc Chung suspended from work
- Da Nang asks public servants to work from home after official positive for COVID-19
- Vietnam adds 16 COVID-19 local infections, one virus-related death
- Korean man arrested for duping investors with Ponzi scheme in Ho Chi Minh City
- Downpours to dampen northern, southern Vietnam
- Hanoi tracks visitors to beer shop as owner’s father catches COVID-19
- Vietnam PM says next 10 days 'critical' in virus fight
- Breakfast @ Tuoi Tre News — August 12
- New cases end New Zealand's 'COVID-free' status; Auckland back in lockdown
- Hanoi woman wanted for having man shot over personal conflict