The 2014 Hue Festival, which opens tonight, Apr 12, and runs until Apr 20, promises to give tourists a host of compelling art, cultural and fashion performances from Vietnam and 36 other countries.
Controversy regarding the “light feast” at the Founder Lac Long Quan Temple Festival in Hanoi is the latest example of a clash between the need to preserve and re-create traditional festivals as they originally were, and the desire to incorporate elements of contemporary art
Staff and volunteers at the Central Epidemic Hygiene Institute have acted as victims of the mosquitoes’ blood sucking frenzy over the past few years to breed dengue-free mosquitoes.
- Foreigners walk from Hanoi to Ho Chi Minh City to help needy kids
- Bus repeatedly hits police car after being asked to stop for excessive speed in Vietnam
- Heedless of danger, tourists walk to edge of cliff in Vietnam’s Nha Trang for photoshoots
- Chinese C919, ARJ21 passenger planes debut in Vietnam
- Ho Chi Minh City Football Club stuck with underperforming former French national team player on payroll