Vietnam Post delivery still works at 6:00 pm? Hell yes they do
Every Tom, Dick, and Harry wants to practice their English with us, so we, as guests, should indulge them, even at the expense of our own progress
In the Year of the Ox, we can ensure that vaccination overpowers the virus
You can’t use the same flowers for both occasions because that’s cheating!
As Tet looms nearer, it’s a game akin to musical chairs, the music suddenly cut off when one business after another bangs down its shutters to begin preparation for the big event
The plateau upon which the city is built rises dramatically from less than 1,000 meters (3,300 feet) to 1,500 meters (5,000 feet), so the city appears surreal, with the only thing missing being a castle as in the fairy tales
While the weather lately hasn’t been quite like that of Siberia, it has been chilly enough to break local weather records going back nearly forty years here in Vietnam
I think you’ll be a very nice year; I can tell – I’m good at judging character
It was definitely a dubious, shonky, shady, chaotic, and infuriating year
What got me writing about this was observing a young girl of about six or seven struggling to learn how to ride an over-sized bicycle in an alley-way near her mum’s main street café.
- Cute Vietnamese habits
- Great experience from an unlikely source in Vietnam
- It must be tough to be a woman in Vietnam: foreigners
- Teachers’ Day: A noble profession in Vietnam, isn’t it?
- 10 reasons why Vietnamese food is my favourite
- To bikini or not bikini on Vietnam beaches?
- Vietnam’s Reunification Day in COVID-19 context
- How much do people smoke in Vietnam?
- Health insurance a ticking time bomb for expat retirees in Vietnam
- Deliveries coming out of our ears