A number of Vietnamese nationals have been incited to work in some African countries recently
Africa has little chance of overcoming the COVID-19 pandemic unless 70% of its population is vaccinated by end-2022, yet 'extreme vaccine discrimination' is leaving the continent behind, a report published on Monday said
The World Health Organization (WHO) said on Wednesday the only approved vaccine against malaria should be widely given to African children, potentially marking a major advance against a disease that kills hundreds of thousands of people annually
The CAAV has ceased licensing flights from countries and territories, initially the UK and South Africa, where coronavirus variants have been recorded
Guinea reported 52 new confirmed cases, its first week-to-week decline since Jan. 25. Sierra Leone saw 74 new cases, 45 of which were in the capital Freetown. Liberia reported 2 new confirmed cases in the four days to Feb. 12.
Like the first, the second infection on US soil concerned a caregiver for a Liberian Ebola patient who died at a Dallas hospital earlier this month
A British nurse infected with Ebola while working in Sierra Leone was discharged from a London hospital on Wednesday after recovering from the disease
The outbreak need never have spread from Guinea, health officials revealed to AFP, except for a herbalist in the remote eastern border village of Sokoma.
Several people fainted in the stifling heat as South Africans waited their turn to file past Mandela's casket after family members, foreign dignitaries and celebrities paid their respects at the imposing Union Buildings, perched on a hill overlooking the city
- Shocking attack on teacher at Vietnamese middle school leads to principal's suspension
- Vietnamese female teacher faints after facing physical aggression from group of middle-schoolers
- University in Ho Chi Minh City says will dismiss students caught selling sex 4 times
- Ho Chi Minh City's largest cemetery: Serenity lost as drug users take root
- Vietnamese magnate expands retail empire with new Emart in Ho Chi Minh City