The agency said in the report that it estimated the real bad debt ratio in the Vietnamese banking system to be at least 15% of total outstanding loans, much higher than the 4.7% rate the central bank recorded as of October 2013.
Medium-term economic prospects and the sovereign's credit profile remain weighed down by the slow pace of asset restructuring in the banking sector and sluggish reforms of State-owned enterprises (SOEs)
The mountain of bad debt choking the national banking system may not simply vanish just by a swing of a magic wand, i.e the recent creation of state-run Vietnam Asset Management Co
- Social distancing mandate remains in place in Ho Chi Minh City through September
- In Hanoi neighborhood, authorities make vaccine refusers sign legal responsibility forms
- Vietnamese woman suffers paracetamol poisoning following neighbor’s treatment advice
- Breakfast @ Tuoi Tre News — September 16
- Vietnam logs 10,489 additional COVID-19 cases