Tangled bunches of wires, engraved in people’s mind as an integral part of Ho Chi Minh City’s hustle and bustle, have been gradually disappearing. The removal of the city’s iconic yet troubling scene has taken decades, involving dozens of agencies.
- Vietnamese farmers downbeat over tumbling Thai jackfruit prices
- Downpour accompanied by hail sinks streets in Ho Chi Minh City
- Operator of Ho Chi Minh City’s first metro line facing halt of operations
- Teachers go six months without paychecks in north-central Vietnam
- Vietnam Airlines licensed to operate extended flight range