Thousands of people gathered at the Reunification Palace and along its surrounding streets in Ho Chi Minh City on Thursday to bid farewell to late Prime Minister Phan Van Khai as his body was returned to his hometown for the final burial ritual.
TAG: Phan Van Khai
The late premier is always remembered for his contributions to Vietnam’s economic development and global integration
Vietnamese leaders and people have gathered in Ho Chi Minh City to attend the state funeral of late Prime Minister Phan Van Khai.
Flags will fly at half-mast, and entertainment activities will be halted across the country during the two-day state funeral
PM Khai was in office from 1997 to 2006, during which he became the first Vietnamese leader to visit the U.S. since 1975
- Suspects arrested for pimping underage girls in northern Vietnam
- Ho Chi Minh City lifts requirement for COVID-19 test certificates at city entrance checkpoints
- Vietnam reopens all local flight routes as COVID-19 eases
- Ho Chi Minh City restarts tourism as COVID-19 outbreak recedes
- Hanoi police nab man for arranging sugar dating service