Google honored Xuan Quynh on the 77th anniversary of her birthday
US war veteran and poet Kevin Bowen, who recently exhibited his portraits of Vietnamese artists in Hanoi, has dedicated his life to bridging the gap between American and Vietnamese culture.
The ongoing UNESCO General Conference’s 37th session in Paris has issued a resolution honoring eminent Vietnamese poet Nguyen Du alongside other international cultural personalities.
Revered poet Nguyen Du’s hallmark “Truyen Kieu” (Kieu Tale) will be translated into Russian by an expat Vietnamese.
The 2013 Luc Bat Festival, set to be held in Hanoi on Sept 7 and 8, will attract 1,800 artisans from all over the country.
Vietnam’s and Japan’s Writers Associations recently released an anthology of 175 war poems composed by Vietnamese and Japanese poets.
The UNESCO's Great Council is looking to recognize Nguyen Du (1766-1820), a revered Vietnamese poet who is widely known for his hallmark “Truyen Kieu”, as “L'homme de Culture” (Man of Culture).
- Vietnamese 12th grader dies while taking part in 200m run at school
- Reclamation of land for Ho Chi Minh City airport’s new terminal proposed
- Ho Chi Minh City unveils design for Tet flower street
- Ho Chi Minh City reveals big plans for New Year, Tet celebrations
- People enjoy music, cultural festival in Ho Chi Minh City pedestrian zone