Lessons he and the government showed us many years ago are relevant today
WHO Vietnam expressed its appreciation toward the government, doctors, nurses, journalists, security guards, and sanitation workers
There are now 20 candidates for the vaccine production and Vietnam could become one with its strong capability
'This epidemic is a threat for every country, rich and poor.'
The novel coronavirus first emerged in Wuhan, but WHO will not name the virus after the city
Saying she was "taken aback" by high case numbers, Zsuzsanna Jakab, the U.N. health agency's European director, said the 22,149 reported cases from seven countries threatened the region's goal of eliminating measles by the end of 2015.
WHO said some 1.5 billion people across 149 countries are affected by the diseases, insisting additional investments would save lives, prevent disability, end suffering and improve productivity.
Guinea reported 52 new confirmed cases, its first week-to-week decline since Jan. 25. Sierra Leone saw 74 new cases, 45 of which were in the capital Freetown. Liberia reported 2 new confirmed cases in the four days to Feb. 12.
Two-year-old Emile Ouamouno died in the remote village of Meliandou in southern Guinea on Dec. 28 last year after suffering from a fever, headache and diarrhoea. His 3-year-old sister, mother and grandmother died days later.
In recent years, the emergence of multi drug-resistant TB -- a manmade problem caused by regular TB patients being given the wrong medicines, the wrong doses, or failing to complete their treatment -- has posed an increasing global health threat
- Hanoi will fine those leaving home under unnecessary circumstances to contain COVID-19: chairman
- Two officers killed during police chase in Da Nang
- A race against the clock at Buddha Bar, Saigon’s COVID-19 epicenter
- Traffic checkpoints set up at Saigon entrances to enforce transport restrictions
- Vietnam reports nine more COVID-19 cases, adds 12 recovered patients
- ‘Who dares fine me?’ says Vietnam man fined for not wearing face mask in public
- Vietnam confirms 6 new COVID-19 cases
- Vietnam’s ‘super spreader’ among latest recoveries from COVID-19
- 'Random' COVID-19 case, diagnosed after road accident, sparks hunt for visitors to Hanoi hospitals
- Hospital administrator suspended over son’s wedding motorcade during Vietnam’s social distancing period