A government spokesman said that poor government work over the bill had led to 'substantial controversies and disputes in society, causing disappointment and grief'
TAG: Hong Kong
Lam has defiantly vowed to press ahead with the controversial legislation despite deep concerns across the Asian financial hub that triggered on Sunday its biggest political demonstration since its handover from British to Chinese rule in 1997
Ho Chi Minh City-based Au Lac JSC confirmed on Tuesday afternoon that the tanker belongs to the company
Jimmy Lai owns Next Media -- which runs the Apple Daily newspaper and website, often publishing articles critical of Beijing -- and had been visiting the city's main pro-democracy protest site in the Admiralty business district
The new plan emerged as President Barack Obama said the United States had played no role in Hong Kong's mass demonstrations, despite Chinese accusations that foreign forces are involved.
A Chinese official told foreign media in Hong Kong on Wednesday that China has seen interference in the city's pro-democracy protests from outside forces
There was little sign of momentum flagging on the fifth day of the "Occupy Central" protest, whose aim has been to occupy sections of the city, including around the Central financial district
The arrests followed a largely peaceful march on Tuesday that protest leaders said brought the biggest crowds onto the streets since the city was handed over from Britain to China in 1997.
- Vietnamese woman covers CCTV camera for friend to urinate in Hanoi elevator
- Vietnam’s emerging beach destination loses charm over poor sevices
- Vietnam imprisons US citizen for planning to topple people’s administration
- Ex-official charged in elevator child molestation flees from reporters at Vietnam court
- Breakfast @ Tuoi Tre News – June 25
- Asanzo chairman admits company’s products not ‘Vietnam-originated goods’ as claimed
- Ho Chi Minh City court returns child molestation case file of ex-official
- Don’t fall for the old Vietnamese chicken head trick!
- Rain to dampen northern, southern Vietnam as hot spell hits central provinces this week
- Drones disrupt flights at Singapore airport for second time in a week