With a clutch of promotion programs currently offered and the substantial relaxations of visa requirements for nationals of Indonesia, the Philippines and Vietnam when traveling to Japan, tours to the East Asian country promise to appeal greatly to Vietnamese tourists.
SCTV, one of Vietnam’s major paid TV service providers, has been requested to stop offering their analog signals on Hanoi’s telecom network by August 1 as they are supplying these services without permission
The local market for pay TV services is expected to see fiercer competition and lower fees as major telecom providers FPT Telecom and Viettel join starting April 1
Locals and expat Vietnamese have been increasingly going on pilgrimage tours, usually running until the end of the 3rd month of the lunar calendar (around late April).
The Vietnam Competition Administration Department and the Paid Television Association launched a workshop on Sept 10 to cope with the monopoly among local paid television service providers and protect its customers.
- Nvidia CEO aims to set up a base in Vietnam
- Apple to move key iPad engineering resources to Vietnam: Nikkei
- Vietnam's tech future in focus: Nvidia executive in Hanoi for semiconductor deals
- Vietnam ready to pour over $70bn into building cross-country high-speed railway
- In Vietnam, boba tea shop owner pays price for mass student poisoning