The campaign was launched on Wednesday and aims to protect bears from being held in captivity
The two were sentenced to one year in jail each
The limbs were cut from a domestic bear that had died
Located in Dong Nai Province’s Cat Tien National Park is a special sanctuary – a safe refuge for bears who spent much of their lives in tiny cages.
It was ten days after receiving the tip-off that officers decided to raid the facility
It is easy to remotely scan and check a bear’s information with the new microchip
Renowned American actress Maggie Q and her fiancé, actor Dylan McDermott, will start partaking in a wildlife conservation program in Vietnam, her mother’s home country, later this week
Several experts and doctors have warned about the potential risks owners and their families incur when keeping wild animals in enclosure at private homes, including serious infections and losing limbs or even lives
Local authorities, residents and tourists in Vietnam’s UNESCO-recognized Ha Long Bay in the northern Quang Ninh Province recently took part in a campaign in a joint effort to put an end to bear bile farming, Animals Asia reported on Wednesday.
- Downpour accompanied by hail sinks streets in Ho Chi Minh City
- Vietnamese farmers downbeat over tumbling Thai jackfruit prices
- Teachers go six months without paychecks in north-central Vietnam
- Operator of Ho Chi Minh City’s first metro line facing halt of operations
- Apple and Android phones hacked by Italian spyware, Google says