Last week Somtow Sucharitkul performed for the first time in Ho Chi Minh City where he conducted Saigon Philharmonic Orchestra
“UK Concert”, under the baton of UK conductor Colin Metters, is set to take place in Hanoi on Nov 21 and 22.
“Giai dieu mua thu” (Autumn Melodies), which showcases local classical music talents, will grow in scale and professionalism, with more foreign artists and troupes expected to take part and hands-on, interactive experiences offered for the audience.
Following the success of the “Toyota Concert Tour 2013” in HCMC on July 30, Japanese conductor Honna Tetsuji, who will conduct the show at Hanoi Opera House on Aug 2 and 3, expressed his confidence in his Vietnamese artist team.
A free concert featuring six Vietnamese musicians from the Southeast Asian Youth Chamber Orchestra (SEAYCO) is set to take place in Hanoi on June 16, while another given by celebrated French Champs – Elysees will also be held tonight.
Classical music enthusiasts will meet famed American conductor Dorian Wilson again in a concert called "The April flame", set for Apr 25 and 26 in Hanoi.
- Vietnamese female teacher faints after facing physical aggression from group of middle-schoolers
- 600-meter street section expansion in Ho Chi Minh City incomplete after 22 years
- Does Ho Chi Minh City police’s drunk driving curbing campaign indirectly hinder night-time economy?
- University in Ho Chi Minh City says will dismiss students caught selling sex 4 times
- Breakfast @ Tuoi Tre News — December 6