The coach was carrying pilgrims from Thanh Hoa Province to a pagoda in Nghe An Province early on Tuesday morning
Tam Chuc Pagoda Complex witnessed an unexpected surge in visitors on Sunday
Locals and expat Vietnamese have been increasingly going on pilgrimage tours, usually running until the end of the 3rd month of the lunar calendar (around late April).
The number of visitors, including foreigners, to general Vo Nguyen Giap’s resting place in Quang Binh province soared during Tet days.
The Huong Pagoda festival in Hanoi, one of the largest of its kind in Vietnam, has welcomed some 16,000 visitors, several times more than its capacity.
Thousands of pilgrims and tourists have already been evacuated after floods and landslides caused by early monsoon rains wrought devastation through India's Himalayan foothills
The Ponagar fest, the biggest cultural event held by Cham people in the south of the central region, kicked off Apr 30 in Khanh Hoa’s Nha Trang city.
- Shocking attack on teacher at Vietnamese middle school leads to principal's suspension
- Vietnamese female teacher faints after facing physical aggression from group of middle-schoolers
- University in Ho Chi Minh City says will dismiss students caught selling sex 4 times
- Ho Chi Minh City's largest cemetery: Serenity lost as drug users take root
- Vietnamese magnate expands retail empire with new Emart in Ho Chi Minh City