‘The Vietnamese film industry still has a long way to go’
'Hollywood movies have used Vietnamese people as a background for the American stories for too long, but you don't have to accept it'
Experts blame empty seats on a lack of Hollywood releases
The shutdown is aimed at preventing local residents from going to crowded places, in a bid to contain the COVID-19 epidemic
Nguyen Chanh Tin passed away in his sleep at his home in Ho Chi Minh City on early Saturday morning
The domestic cinema industry is seen as chaotic while quality poetry is basically non-existent
The final scene does not appear to be relevant to the rest of the film
The cinema has opened every Thursday since the beginning of July
A multiplex cinema chain from South Korea has inaugurated a new system dedicated to showing artistic films created by young and independent Vietnamese filmmakers at tempting discounts
Foreign film distribution and screening companies have overwhelmingly dominated the local market in recent years
- What COVID-19 vaccine is available in Vietnam and who can get it?
- Foreign women report being harassed by young men in Hanoi
- Nothing to lose: Vietnamese crypto investors rest hopes on unlisted coin
- First foreign firm donates VND3 billion to Tuoi Tre’s coronavirus vaccination initiative
- Ho Chi Minh City court sentences man to death for murdering, robbing co-worker