The ASEAN Economic Community, which will be officially established by the end of this year, will bring both challenges and opportunities to the local economy
There is no sign that the local economy has slipped into deflation, though the headline consumer price index in November witnessed negative growth after months of growing at a very slow pace.
Demand for locally generated goods and services is still weak as people spend less and save more
Despite economic woes that brought the dissolution of over 60,000 local firms in 2013, there are more and more positive signs of a sustainable recovery in 2014
The government is at odds with independent institutions the World Bank and HSBC Banking Group in its opinion regarding the recovery of the local economy
The event, titled “Vietnam 2013 and Beyond”, will present opinions and predictions for Vietnam economic outlook from the perspective of foreign businesses operating in Vietnam.
- In Ho Chi Minh City, more and more young people fond of billiards despite prejudice
- Ban Co area in Ho Chi Minh City proposed to become backpacker area
- 11 students in Hanoi suffer fatigue after eating ‘exotic’ candy
- In Vietnam, restaurant returns mistakenly transferred money
- Vietnam’s ST25 rice named world’s best rice for 2nd time