The IS branch in Raqa published photographs on jihadist websites purporting to show its fighters holding the captured pilot, with a caption identifying him as Jordanian.
Kerry said he was impressed by Prime Minister Haider al-Abadi's plans to rebuild the Iraqi military and push broad political reforms.
The Syrian Observatory for Human Rights said that by Tuesday night the toll since December 15 from air strikes and a bombing campaign using barrels packed with TNT stood at 410. Also among the dead were 34 women, 30 rebel fighters and nine jihadists
Thousands of Syrian rebels have broken with the Western-backed coalition and called for a new Islamist front
Western and regional countries called for U.N. chemical weapons investigators - who arrived in Damascus just three days ago - to be urgently dispatched to the scene of one of the deadliest incidents of the two-year-old civil war
- Vietnamese artists accused of raping British girl in Spain await arraignment: deputy minister
- Illegally-constructed buildings still standing in province in Vietnam's Mekong Delta
- Phan Thiet restaurant inspected after charging $192 for cooking service despite advance agreement with customers
- Vietnamese authorities determined to relocate seaside hotels in famous beach cities
- Hanoi streets flooded by massive rainstorm