The village was founded more than 400 years ago
Demand for vegetables saw an unusual increase
Vietnamese consumers spent an average of $37.7 million on imported vegetables a month
He is now running an over-12,000-square-meter organic farm in Hoi An
The country’s export turnover on these farm produce has already exceeded rice and crude oil
Unlike conventional tours of Da Lat, recently popular farming tours provide visitors with first-hand farming experience.
A batch of highly skilled flower and vegetable farmers from the north of Vietnam migrated to Da Lat, where they braved poor conditions to turn the once desolate land into a “city of thousands of flowers”.
At his Niconicoyasai farms in Dac Lac province, Shiokawa Minoru, a young Japanese engineer, grows organic and healthy produce that has increasingly gained consumers’ trust.
- Vietnamese model bashed for wearing revealing gown in Cannes
- Vietnamese ex-procuracy official indicted for molesting under 16-yo girl
- Riot-like chaos erupts at Auchan outlets ahead of chain’s exit from Vietnam
- Illegal sperm trade in Vietnam poses health risks
- Huawei blockade by Google leaves Vietnamese customers, retailers on tenterhooks
- In Vietnam, wedding photo spot so popular couples line up daily for shoot
- Indie hit ‘The Third Wife’ withdrawn from Vietnam cinemas amidst child actress controversy
- Ho Chi Minh City to pilot double-decker tour in downtown
- Panasonic joins firms stepping away from Huawei after US ban
- Vietnam, Russia to further promote multi-faceted cooperation