Several streets in downtown Ho Chi Minh City will be blocked or restricted to host celebrations during the National Day on September 2, according to the municipal Department of Transport.
In order to ensure traffic safety and order during the various performances being held to commemorate the national holiday, barricades will be placed on certain streets in District 1 and restrictions on certain vehicles will be applied near the Saigon River Tunnel.
Aside from the performances, a high-range fireworks display will take place from 9:00 pm to 9:15 pm at the border of District 2 near the Saigon River tunnel.
A low-range pyrotechnic exhibition will also be held at the same time at Dam Sen Park at 3 Hoa Binh Street, District 11.
From 6:30 pm to 9:15 pm on September 2, all vehicles will be banned from the following streets:
- Nguyen Tat Thanh Street, District 4: the section from Hoang Dieu Street to Khanh Hoi Bridge
- Ton Duc Thang Street, District 1: the section from Me Linh Square to Khanh Hoi Bridge
- Dong Khoi Street, District 1: the section from Mac Thi Buoi Street to Ton Duc Thang Street
- Ham Nghi Street, District 1: the section from Ho Tung Mau Street to Ton Duc Thang Street
- Nguyen Hue Street, District 1: the section from Le Thanh Ton Street to Ton Duc Thang Street
Vehicles are advised to travel on the alternative routes below:
- From District 1 to District 4: Ton Duc Thang => Hai Ba Trung => Le Thanh Ton => Nam Ky Khoi Nghia => Nguyen Thai Binh; or Nguyen Cong Tru => Calmette => Calmette Bridge => Doan Van Bo => Hoang Dieu => Nguyen Tat Thanh
- From District 4 to District 1: Nguyen Tat Thanh => Hoang Dieu => Doan Van Bo => Calmette Bridge => Calmette => Tran Hung Dao => Le Loi => Pasteur => Ly Tu Trong => Ton Duc Thang
Parking lots for artistic performances marking the National Day in Ho Chi Minh City
From 8:00 pm on September 2 to 5:00 am on September 3, motorbikes will be prohibited from travel on Vo Van Kiet – Mai Chi Tho Avenue, from Ky Con Street (District 1) to the road leading to Thu Thiem Bridge (District 2).
The substitute routes are recommended as follows:
- From District 1 to District 2: Vo Van Kiet => Ky Con => Tran Hung Dao => Le Loi => Pasteur => Ly Tu Trong => Ton Duc Thang => Nguyen Huu Canh => Thu Thiem Bridge => road leading to Thu Thiem Bridge => Mai Chi Tho
- From District 2 to District 1: Mai Chi Tho => road leading to Thu Thiem Bridge => Thu Thiem Bridge => Nguyen Huu Canh => Le Thanh Ton => Nam Ky Khoi Nghia => Vo Van Kiet
People who wish to enjoy the artistic performances in the downtown area can park their vehicles in the following areas:
a) Car parking:
b) Motorcycle parking: