To prepare for the celebration of National Day on September 2, Tuoi Tre (Youth) Newspaper and the Ho Chi Minh City Department of External Relations co-organize the 'Ho Chi Minh City Goes Global' contest, an open forum for readers to contribute their ideas and solutions to raise the position of Saigon - Ho Chi Minh City in the international arena.
The contest is accompanied by two partners – Global Embassy and Vietnam Signature.
Once referred to as 'the Pearl of the Far East,' Saigon - Ho Chi Minh City meets all standards to become a destination for tourism, international events, and global figures.
International friends and experts, however, have yet to realize what the city can bring about.
So what should Ho Chi Minh City be recognized for? What can the city do to promote its brand to international friends?
All readers in Vietnam and foreign readers, including students, civil servants, experts, businessmen, and diplomats.
Members of the organizing board, judging panel, and sponsors, as well as their family members are not eligible for the contest.
- Articles, PowerPoint files, graphics, or video clips. (An article must not exceed 1,000 words; a video is limited to five minutes long). Entries can be presented in Vietnamese and English.
- Entries have not been published in any form of media or on social networks.
- Tuoi Tre and its partners are entitled to use the entries in their publications and will discuss in detail with the authors.
- Contestants are responsible for the copyright of their entries in case of dispute.
* Entries must be submitted from June 16 to August 15, 2021.
- Collective prizes: 1 first prize (VND50 million), 1 second prize (VND30 million), and 1 third prize (VND20 million).
- Individual prizes: 1 first prize (VND30 million), 1 second prize (VND20 million), 1 third prize (VND10 million), and 5 consolation prizes (VND5 million each).
Entries passing the preliminary round will be run in the print version of Tuoi Tre as well as on Tuoi Tre Online and Tuoi Tre News.
The results of the contest will be announced in Tuoi Tre publications and the newspaper's National Day special edition.
The judging panel consists of representatives of Tuoi Tre, the Ho Chi Minh City Department of External Relations, and reputable experts.
The awards ceremony is expected to take place in late August 2021.
* Please send entries to email@example.com or to Tuoi Tre headquarters at 60A Hoang Van Thu, Ward 9, Phu Nhuan District, Ho Chi Minh City, with subject stating 'Application for the 'TP.HCM nâng tầm quốc tế' (Ho Chi Minh City Goes Global) contest.