Some business owners chose to face the COVID-19 pandemic head on and pivot their operations towards a community-centered approach.
One day in July, many members of the 'Binh An Tro Lai' (Being Peaceful Again) group focused on doing their own tasks, preparing meals for poor workers in Ha Dong District
Tran Hue went viral for giving away banknotes worth VND500,000 (US$22) each to internal migrants
'I was astonished by how positive and clever Vietnamese people were'
When coming to get the free rice, the locals would submit the ticket, sign their name, and then 'withdraw' 3.5 kilograms of rice each time
The packages were delivered directly to the beneficiaries
The market offers essential items to local residents at zero cost
The hotel dedicated its whole lodging area with 61 double-bed units to philanthropy causes
Over 10 ‘zero dong mini supermarkets’ have been established across the city
Be sells vegetables to raise money for her neighbors in need
- In Vietnam, little girl dies of snakebite as hospitals couldn't find corresponding antivenom
- Vietnam company to invest $840 mln in country's first green hydrogen plant
- THACO launches Mercedes-Benz bus assembly operation in Vietnam
- Purchasing power drops, food prices rise in Ho Chi Minh City
- Ho Chi Minh City police capture man who robbed gold shop with hammer