He is the first Asian American and Vietnamese American member of the Pulitzer Board
Belgian author Nicolas Ancion wrote half a novel without stopping and received feedback from readers within 12 hours in Hanoi on Thursday, and will finish the book in another 12 hours next Tuesday in Ho Chi Minh City
Aoife Mannix, one of the prominent British contemporary writers, is joining a host of activities as part of the Europe Days in Vietnam 2014 in Hanoi and Ho Chi Minh City until Saturday
Though young writers, particularly who have been engaged in online literature, have yet to secure a firm foothold in Vietnam’s orthodox literary field or gain critical acclaim from their traditional, older predecessors, they have undeniably aroused a fresh, intriguing wave and enjoyed a great number of young followers
Mikhail Samarsky, a young Russian literature talent, begins his visit to HCMC today Dec 26, and will join a host of exchanges and activities to help the local visually-impaired people.
The Vietnamese version of the book titled “In Vespa. Da Roma a Saigon” by late Italian writer Giorgio Bettinelli, who traveled across 10 countries, including Vietnam on his Vespa 20 years ago, was released in Hanoi on Sept 20.
The local book market over recent years has seen a surprising increase in the number of writers and readers in non-fiction writing.
- Police bust condom recycling facility in southern Vietnam
- One killed, one injured in Ho Chi Minh City hotel fire
- Vietnam's investment ministry proposes banning personal offshore investment
- New ride-hail app in Vietnam lets customers bargain with drivers
- Vietnamese painting sold at nearly $1 million in France
- Hanoi public hospital’s executives arrested for price gouging of medical equipment
- High-profile real estate projects on sale in Ho Chi Minh City amidst COVID-19
- Breakfast @ Tuoi Tre News — September 26
- Tree falls on Saigon street, kills motorcyclist
- Vietnamese girl blackmailed into sex by ‘boyfriend’ she met online