JavaScript is off. Please enable to view full site.

Hospital in Ho Chi Minh City stops admitting patients over COVID-19 concerns

Wednesday, July 29, 2020, 10:50 GMT+7
Hospital in Ho Chi Minh City stops admitting patients over COVID-19 concerns
This image shows City International Hospital in Binh Tan District, Ho Chi Minh City, July 29, 2020. Photo: Duyen Phan / Tuoi Tre

A hospital in Ho Chi Minh City says it will stop receiving patients for three days this week given the complicated developments of the COVID-19 pandemic at the moment.

City International Hospital in Binh Tan District will not admit new patients from Wednesday to Friday, the management board of the hospital said in a notice on Wednesday morning, citing COVID-19 concerns.

The hospital will not grant entry to patient visitors and contractors during this period, according to the notice.

“Sorry for this inconvenience. Thank you!” the notice reads.

A notice from City International Hospital in Binh Tan District, Ho Chi Minh City. Photo: Duyen Phan / Tuoi Tre

A notice from City International Hospital in Binh Tan District, Ho Chi Minh City. Photo: Duyen Phan / Tuoi Tre

The hospital already ceased receiving new patients on Wednesday morning, a Tuoi Tre (Youth) newspaper journalist reported from the site.

Patient visitors were kept waiting outside the hospital while health workers took supplies for inpatients from them from a distance.

Medical staff ran temperature checks in the main hall where sanitizers were placed.

“I was surprised to read the notice as I had booked an appointment for my child to see the doctor here,” Phuong Be, a Binh Tan resident, told Tuoi Tre.

“It’s for the sake of pandemic control, I agree, but the hospital should have informed us before in order to save us time.”

People wash hands at City International Hospital in Binh Tan District, Ho Chi Minh City, July 29, 2020. Photo: Duyen Phan / Tuoi Tre

People wash hands at City International Hospital in Binh Tan District, Ho Chi Minh City, July 29, 2020. Photo: Duyen Phan / Tuoi Tre

An official from the Ho Chi Minh City Department of Health told Tuoi Tre on Wednesday morning that his agency had known of the temporary closure of the City International Hospital.

“When there is any suspected [coronavirus] case, such a shutdown is advisable,” the official said.

“The city’s relevant agencies are carefully verifying everything and waiting for the Ministry of Health’s confirmation.”

Vietnam has logged 30 community-based cases since Saturday last week, ending a streak of 99 days without a single local transmission, according to a Tuoi Tre News count.

Twenty-six of the patients, including three critical cases, are in Da Nang, three in Quang Nam, and one in Quang Ngai Province. Those in Quang Nam and Quang Ngai are all linked to the Da Nang cases.

About 18,000 people who had been in Da Nang have returned to Ho Chi Minh City over the past few days, authorities said.

The city has said it will test all arriving from Da Nang since July 1 to prevent COVID-19 transmission.

Vietnam has registered 446 coronavirus patients as of Wednesday morning, with 276 imported cases quarantined upon arrival, according to the health ministry.

The Southeast Asian nation has confirmed 369 recoveries and zero fatalities to date.

Like us on Facebook or follow us on Twitter to get the latest news about Vietnam!

Tuoi Tre News

Read more

;

Photos

VIDEOS

Experience summer sand-boarding in Mui Ne

Sand-boarding, a popular activity amongst local children in the coastal tourism town of Mui Ne in south-central Vietnam, is attracting hundreds of tourists to the Red Sand Dunes

Young maple trees given better protection as Hanoi enters rainy season

The trees are currently growing well, with green leaves and healthy branches.

Hunting skinks for food in southern Vietnam

Skink meat is known to be soft, tasty, and highly nutritious.

Vietnamese-made app allows people to grow real veggies via smartphone

Nguyen Thi Duyen, a young engineer in Hanoi, developed the app and its related services to help busy people create their own veggie gardens.

Chinese tourists hit by Vietnamese over dine and dash

Four Chinese were reportedly injured, with one having a broken arm.

Latest news