Three construction workers died of asphyxiation on Thursday while building a pipeline in Ha Tinh Province in north-central Vietnam, local authorities said.
Ky Anh Town General Hospital in Ha Tinh admitted L.V.T., L.N.H., and L.V.N., all of whom had been working for Bum Han Industrial Co. Ltd., at around 3:30 pm on Thursday.
Upon their admission, two of the workers were already dead.
The third passed away one hour later despite receiving emergency treatment.
Functional forces determined that the three victims suffered asphyxiation from either carbon monoxide (CO) or carbon dioxide (CO2) inhalation while constructing a pipeline.
Authorities are investigating the case.
A provincial leader told Tuoi Tre (Youth) newspaper on Thursday night that police had already examined the scene of the incident.