As many as 30 students in Cao Bang Province, northern Vietnam developed poisoning symptoms, such as headache, stomachache, vomiting, and diarrhea, on Thursday and Friday last week after consuming soft drinks of unclear origin.
The labels on the soft drink bottles, bought in front of their school in Coc Bang Commune, Bao Lac District, are in Chinese, the provincial Department of Health said on Monday.
Some 20 minutes of drinking the bottled soft drinks, they exhibited these symptoms.
The students were taken to the Coc Bang Commune Healthcare Center for a medical check-up and treatment after suffering the symptoms.
Among them, 23 are in stable health conditions, while the remaining seven were transferred to the Bao Lac District Healthcare Facility.
The district’s medical center quickly cooperated with relevant units to take the sample of the soft drinks for testing.
Local forces were told to confiscate such dangerous products and advise residents, parents, as well as students not to consume food and drinks without clear origins.
Earlier on September 7, 25 students at Viet Chu Elementary School in Thong Nhat Commune, Ha Lang District under Cao Bang Province were hospitalized for food poisoning after eating candies and downing soft drinks of unclear origin bought at their schools’ gates.