Vietnam’s box office was steadily growing at 10 percent annually before the COVID-19 pandemic
His latest movie grossed VND204 billion ($8.3 million)
The two movies were selected out of 429 film submissions to Asian Project Market 2021
They are considered 'in conflict with Vietnamese and Asian cultures'
‘The Vietnamese film industry still has a long way to go’
Two state-funded feature films were distributed on Netflix without the approval of the Ministry of Culture, Sports, and Tourism
'Hollywood movies have used Vietnamese people as a background for the American stories for too long, but you don't have to accept it'
Nearly 10,000 employees face mass layoffs as cinema firms are on the verge of bankruptcy
The same fault-finding scrutiny in censoring Vietnamese films is not applied to foreign movies
At home ‘Furie’ also established an all-time box office record
- Bus repeatedly hits police car after being asked to stop for excessive speed in Vietnam
- Foreigners walk from Hanoi to Ho Chi Minh City to help needy kids
- Heedless of danger, tourists walk to edge of cliff in Vietnam’s Nha Trang for photoshoots
- Chinese C919, ARJ21 passenger planes debut in Vietnam
- Vietnamese beauty volunteers to join military service