Designated agencies in Ho Chi Minh City are calculating property damage caused by a fire at a karaoke bar that remained closed in District 10 on Tuesday morning.
The fire hit a high floor of the karaoke bar building, which is located on Su Van Hanh Street, at around 9:50 am, preventing local functional forces and residents from approaching the scene and putting out the blaze quickly, according to some eyewitnesses.
Some people managed to escape the building before the blaze intensified, discharging a ten-meter high smoke column and unpleasant burning smell.
Upon receiving reports from locals, many specialized vehicles and firefighters were mobilized to extinguish the flames.
With the assistance of ladder trucks and fire hoses, the conflagration was stamped out an hour later.
Preliminary investigation showed that an electrical short circuit had triggered the fire, which damaged many properties at the karaoke parlor but caused no human injury.
It happened when the owner of the karaoke bar came to clean up the venue, which has been suspended from operation for more than six months to prevent the spread of COVID-19 in the southern city.