JavaScript is off. Please enable to view full site.

11 adult, students get burnt from cooking gas explosion at school in Vietnam’s Mekong Delta

11 adult, students get burnt from cooking gas explosion at school in Vietnam’s Mekong Delta

Wednesday, December 14, 2022, 12:57 GMT+7

A stall owner and ten students have suffered from burns after a small cooking gas cylinder exploded at a canteen of a middle school in the Mekong Delta province of Dong Thap on Tuesday.

Four students with burns at level 1 have regained normal health and appetite after their hospitalization at Huu Nghi Hospital in Dong Thap’s Cao Lanh City, according to Tran Ngoc Dung, their school principal.

When a stall owner was cooking noodles on a portable propane gas stove at the canteen of My An Hung B Middle School in Lap Vo District at around 2:00 pm on Tuesday, Dung said, the gas cylinder suddenly exploded.

The stall owner suffered burns to his arm and face, while ten students sitting nearby got minor burns from the splashing of boiling water.

The adult and six students with minor burns received first aid at a local health station and were then released, according to Dung.

Police are investigating the incident.

Like us on Facebook or follow us on Twitter to get the latest news about Vietnam!

Bao Anh - Dang Tuyet / Tuoi Tre News

More

Read more

;

Photos

VIDEOS

‘Taste of Australia’ gala dinner held in Ho Chi Minh City after 2-year hiatus

Taste of Australia Gala Reception has returned to the Park Hyatt Hotel in Ho Chi Minh City's District 1 after a two-year hiatus due to the COVID-19 pandemic

Vietnamese woman gives unconditional love to hundreds of adopted children

Despite her own immense hardship, she has taken in and cared for hundreds of orphans over the past three decades.

Latest news