JavaScript is off. Please enable to view full site.

Children die after eating suspected toad skin, eggs in central Vietnam

Children die after eating suspected toad skin, eggs in central Vietnam

Thursday, June 30, 2022, 13:31 GMT+7

Two of three siblings died from poisoning after they cooked and ate strange things suspected to be toad skin and eggs that they found outside in Quang Tri Province, central Vietnam, earlier this week, the Vietnam News Agency reported.

On Wednesday, local authorities in Quang Tri’s Dakrong District visited and paid condolences to the family of the two victims – eight-year-old N.L. and two-year-old H.D.

L., D., and their sibling went outside on Tuesday afternoon while their parents were away and are suspected to have collected toad skin and eggs.

The children then cooked with the unknown ingredients before L. and D. ate them and started displaying signs of poisoning. 

The other sibling did not eat the strange food.

Local people discovered the incident at 5:00 pm the same day and rushed L. and D. to the hospital, but it was too late.

Like us on Facebook or follow us on Twitter to get the latest news about Vietnam!

Tuoi Tre News


Read more




‘Taste of Australia’ gala dinner held in Ho Chi Minh City after 2-year hiatus

Taste of Australia Gala Reception has returned to the Park Hyatt Hotel in Ho Chi Minh City's District 1 after a two-year hiatus due to the COVID-19 pandemic

Vietnamese woman gives unconditional love to hundreds of adopted children

Despite her own immense hardship, she has taken in and cared for hundreds of orphans over the past three decades.

Vietnam’s Mekong Delta celebrates spring with ‘hat boi’ performances

The art form is so popular that it attracts people from all ages in the Mekong Delta

Latest news