Following its successful June 2017 introduction in Paris, ‘Kim Van Kieu’ will be staged in Ho Chi Minh City and Hanoi
Films that depict smoking will be given age ratings according to the length of such scenes
Scores of state-run cinemas throughout the country, including those in Hanoi and Ho Chi Minh City, are decades past their good old days
A water puppetry theater, which cost VND7 billion (US$330,000), has opened to the public since Wednesday in central Vietnam
Though of good quality, most plays of drama, “cai luong” (modern folk opera popular in southern Vietnam), “tuong” (traditional Vietnamese opera) and “cheo” (northern stage performance) produced by theaters in Hanoi and Ho Chi Minh City have been commercial flops, as audiences are reluctant to buy tickets
Starting in mid May, over 35,000 elementary students in HCMC will have the opportunity to watch for free a kids’ play, designed to provide them with handy knowledge on dengue fever prevention and treatment and fun experiences at the same time.
Vietnam Cartoon Co. on Jan 9 inaugurated Hanoi’s Thanh Giong Cinema, the country’s first theater dedicated to screening cartoons only.
Unlike in southern Vietnam, where “cai luong” (traditional southern music and performance) originated but is currently on the wane, the art has been drawing back its audiences in Hanoi over the past two years.
- Vietnam woman apologizes after taking flak for topless video in Hoi An
- Smog blankets Ho Chi Minh City
- Breakfast @ Tuoi Tre News – September 21
- Foreign tourists overcharged by xich lo drivers in Ho Chi Minh City, again
- Vietnam removes film set made for 'Kong: Skull Island' from world heritage site
- Vietnamese transgender woman leads happy life despite no support from husband's family
- French consulate opens to visitors in Ho Chi Minh City
- Vietnamese man collects antiques, gives them away to museums
- Sharp Vietnam accuses Asanzo of faking evidence of business relation
- Vietnam nominated in multiple categories of World Travel Awards 2019