JavaScript is off. Please enable to view full site.

Vietnamese teenager loses fingers as mobile phone explodes while charging

Vietnamese teenager loses fingers as mobile phone explodes while charging

Tuesday, January 15, 2019, 09:58 GMT+7
Vietnamese teenager loses fingers as mobile phone explodes while charging
A cellphone is seen in this photo illustration.

While it remains debatable whether you should use your mobile devices while they are being charged, the danger of such a practice has been highlighted by a cellphone explosion that severely wounded a teenager in northern Vietnam on Sunday.

V.M.G., a 17-year-old resident in Nam Dinh Province, was rushed to the provincial general hospital with a severely injured left hand at around 2:00 pm on Sunday, according to Nguyen Van Hung, deputy head of the orthopedic department.

The patient’s family said he was on his bed using his mobile phone while the device was being charged. The device then suddenly blew up.

He was hospitalized when the family had given no first aid to him.

The explosion severed all the fingers of his left hand.

Hung said the wound was so serious that it was impossible reattach those fingers.

The hospital had treated several patients getting into similar incidents, according to the doctor.

“People should not use mobile devices when they are connected to a power outlet,” he advised.

Like us on Facebook or follow us on Twitter to get the latest news about Vietnam!

Thai Xuan / Tuoi Tre News

More

Read more

;

Photos

VIDEOS

‘Taste of Australia’ gala dinner held in Ho Chi Minh City after 2-year hiatus

Taste of Australia Gala Reception has returned to the Park Hyatt Hotel in Ho Chi Minh City's District 1 after a two-year hiatus due to the COVID-19 pandemic

Vietnamese woman gives unconditional love to hundreds of adopted children

Despite her own immense hardship, she has taken in and cared for hundreds of orphans over the past three decades.

Latest news