A man and his father were electrocuted to death while preparing for his wedding ceremony in the northern Vietnamese city of Hai Phong on Friday.
The accident occurred at a house in Da Phuc Ward, Duong Kinh District, Tran Van Dong, chairman of the ward, confirmed on Saturday.
The victims were Tran Van Tong, 62, and his son, 32-year-old Tran Huy Hoang.
The tragedy happened just one day ahead of Hoang’s wedding.
Tong was preparing the decorations for the wedding ceremony that day when he spotted an electrical wire stuck to the wedding platform.
The man then used his bare hands to remove the wire from the platform.
As the electrical wire was exposed, he was fatally electrocuted and collapsed on the ground while still holding the cord.
Huy rushed to his father and held his body, as he had failed to notice the electrical wire.
He thus ended up being electrocuted to death.
The bride-to-be immediately traveled from Vinh Phuc, about 186km northwest of Hai Phong, to attend the funeral of the two victims.