Six people including four children were found dead at a house in Binh Duong Province, southern Vietnam due to suspected gas asphyxiation on Sunday.
The incident took place at a house on NJ15 Street in Thoi Hoa Ward, Ben Cat Town, the provincial Department of Public Security confirmed later the same day.
Preliminary information showed that a friend of the house owner's was unable to contact him around noon on Sunday.
He later came to the residence, but no one answered the door.
He and some local residents decided to break open the door and discovered that six people were dead inside the house.
|The house is sealed off by police to facilitate the investigation in Binh Duong Province, Vietnam, July 24, 2022. Photo: Ba Son / Tuoi Tre|
The deceased victims were identified as Ly Quoc Ph., the 47-year-old house owner, Do Thi T., 37, Do Nguyen My L., 15, Huynh Thuy D., 15, seven-year-old Ly Bao Kh., and two-year-old Ly Quoc Th..
Local residents said that there was a power outage the night before the incident, and that the victims could have run a generator.
The cause of death is believed to be asphyxiation from carbon monoxide (CO) inhalation, but police are still investigating the case.