A 25-year-old woman died from anaphylaxis allegedly caused by anesthetics during liposuction at a beauty center in Phu Nhuan District, Ho Chi Minh City last month, a source said on Tuesday.
N.T.P., 25, living in the city’s District 10, came to Key Beauty Center in Phu Nhuan District for liposuction on November 26, the source cited the municipal Department of Health.
After receiving anesthesia, she began to turn pale and display signs of heart and respiratory distress.
She was given resuscitation at the facility before being taken to Saigon ITO Phu Nhuan Hospital in the same district, then Cho Ray Hospital in District 5 when she was already in a coma and was dependent on mechanical ventilation.
The woman eventually died on November 29, with doctors suspecting the cause of her death to be anaphylactic shock following the administration of anesthetics.
Authorities then inspected Key Beauty Center and discovered that the facility’s beauty clinic signboard was already removed, inspectors of the municipal Department of Health said on Tuesday.
The landlord of the building said the person who rented it was in the skincare business, but vacated and returned the building on December 1.
An investigation is ongoing.