The blast injured two officers at the police station in Ward 12, Tan Binh District in 2018
He followed the orders of a member of a U.S.-based group labeled as ‘terrorists’ by the Ministry of Public Security
The man accused of causing the blast had worked on the order of a foreign-based 'terrorist' organization
He travelled to Cambodia multiple times to buy weapons from a local dealer
A one-time payment of VND2.4 billion (US$104,000) will be made to the family of each of the three deceased victims
The bodies of those killed in the bombing will also be repatriated on Wednesday
The organization was behind a number of terrorist attacks in southern Vietnam in 2017
An anti-terror drill has been performed in the central Vietnamese city of Da Nang in preparation for the Asia Pacific Economic Cooperation (APEC) summit week next month.
Canberra raised its threat level to high in September and has since carried out a series of raids with the departure of at least 110 of its nationals to Iraq and Syria to fight with the Islamic State group.
President Barack Obama, Vice President Joe Biden and their wives observed a moment of silence on the White House lawn. The president was to deliver remarks at the Pentagon -- scene of one of the strikes.
- Hanoi police, residents smash car window to tackle serial hit-and-run suspect
- Three men arrested for murder in north-central Vietnam
- Father arrested for investigation into 6-yo daughter’s unusual death in Hanoi
- Southern Vietnamese province keeps medical staff with mild COVID-19 symptoms at work
- China suspends dragon fruit imports through Vietnam’s northern border gate after discovering coronavirus on shipment