JavaScript is off. Please enable to view full site.

Vietnamese wedding parties cost $4,800 on average

Vietnamese wedding parties cost $4,800 on average

Monday, June 17, 2013, 15:36 GMT+7

According to a survey conducted by a foreign organization, the average cost of a wedding party in Vietnam is about VND100 million (US$4,800) for about 300 guests.

However, this cost does not apply to parties held at luxury wedding venues.  The figures were announced by Dr. Pham Bich San, deputy general director of the Vietnam Union of Scientific and Technical Associations, citing the results of the survey by Home Credit, a financial investment group operating in Central and Eastern Europe. The survey recorded and analyzed the expenses couples spent on their wedding ceremonies in seven countries, including the Czech Republic, Slovakia, Russia, Belarus, Kazakhstan, China and Vietnam. According to the results, Slovakia is where couples spend the least on their wedding ceremonies, equivalent to only VND21 million, while Russia tops the list in expenses on such events, with VND300 million, most of which is on the rental venues for ceremonies. Typically, a Vietnamese wedding party costs VND200,000-500,000 ($24) per guest for food and beverage. In Kazakhstan, the amount is VND4 million. 29 percent of Vietnamese respondents said expenses for their wedding ceremonies came out of their own pocket, while the remaining 71 percent said they received support from their parents in organizing their events. Five years ago, most couples in the seven countries usually organized their wedding ceremonies indoors, but they now tend to choose outdoor spaces like parks or outskirts. Meanwhile, Vietnamese couples often hire a part of a restaurant or resort for their wed parties, and Russians like to organize their events at attractive tourist sites in foreign countries, including Indonesia, Italy and Czech. In China, a couple is given 10 days off by law for their honeymoon, while in other countries, couples have to use their annual leave for such trips.  For Vietnamese couples, a honeymoon costs VND14-50 million ($2,400) on average, while in Russia and Slovakia, the expense is much higher, VND100 million or more. Considering Vietnam’s per capita income, VND100 million is very high, Dr. San said, adding that the money spent by Vietnamese on their wedding parties is too much, as well.


Read more




‘Taste of Australia’ gala dinner held in Ho Chi Minh City after 2-year hiatus

Taste of Australia Gala Reception has returned to the Park Hyatt Hotel in Ho Chi Minh City's District 1 after a two-year hiatus due to the COVID-19 pandemic

Vietnamese woman gives unconditional love to hundreds of adopted children

Despite her own immense hardship, she has taken in and cared for hundreds of orphans over the past three decades.

Vietnam’s Mekong Delta celebrates spring with ‘hat boi’ performances

The art form is so popular that it attracts people from all ages in the Mekong Delta

Vietnamese youngster travels back in time with clay miniatures

Each work is a scene caught by Dung and kept in his memories through his journeys across Vietnam

Latest news