Two teen boys have been treated in hospital after drinking two suspicious pills in Binh Tan District, Ho Chi Minh City earlier this week.
The two ninth graders of Nguyen Trai Middle School in Binh Tan District was admitted to the Ho Chi Minh City Children’s Hospital on Tuesday afternoon, their school principal, Ho Thanh Danh, told Tuoi Tre (Youth) newspaper on Friday.
They did not go home after school that day, but visited a beverage shop in close proximity to the school.
When the duo showed signs of sickness, the shop owner contacted the school staff and helped their homeroom teacher take them to the Ho Chi Minh City Children’s Hospital.
While they had symptoms such as headache, vomiting, tremors, and fatigue, which prompted doctors to suspect cannabis use, their marijuana test results returned negative, according to a leader of the hospital.
The two students received symptomatic treatment to eliminate toxins and are currently in a stable condition.
They told doctors later that they had purchased a kind of green pills from vendors near their school entrance and consumed them.
The hospital is still in the process of identifying the exact composition of the tablets.
Danh said he and the school staff were unaware of what the two students had purchased, as well as the source of the purported stimulant.
The school principal added that the school reported the incident to local authorities and worked with parents of their students to prevent the circulation of stimulants at schools.
Like us on Facebook or follow us on Twitter to get the latest news about Vietnam!