JavaScript is off. Please enable to view full site.

Man dies after phone explodes while charging in Vietnam

Man dies after phone explodes while charging in Vietnam

Friday, October 04, 2019, 11:54 GMT+7
Man dies after phone explodes while charging in Vietnam
The damaged iPhone following the explosion in the Central Highlands province of Lam Dong on October 2, 2019. Photo: Q.K. / Tuoi Tre

A young man in Vietnam’s Central Highlands was killed when his smartphone exploded while being charged with an uncertified cable and adapter.

The incident occurred in Lieng S’ronh Commune, Dam Rong District, Lam Dong Province on Wednesday night, Truong Quoc Khanh, chairman of the commune’s administration, confirmed on Thursday.

The victim, 18-year-old Pham The Tai from the southern province of Ba Ria-Vung Tau, was charging his iPhone and using it at the same time when the device suddenly blew up, killing the young man.

An investigation showed that neither the power adapter nor the USB cable was manufactured by Apple.

Police officers in Dam Rong District are working to determine where and how the victim bought his phone and whether or not the device’s battery had been replaced.

Like us on Facebook or follow us on Twitter to get the latest news about Vietnam!

Tuoi Tre News

More

Read more

;

Photos

VIDEOS

‘Taste of Australia’ gala dinner held in Ho Chi Minh City after 2-year hiatus

Taste of Australia Gala Reception has returned to the Park Hyatt Hotel in Ho Chi Minh City's District 1 after a two-year hiatus due to the COVID-19 pandemic

Vietnamese woman gives unconditional love to hundreds of adopted children

Despite her own immense hardship, she has taken in and cared for hundreds of orphans over the past three decades.

Latest news