Vietnam announced four new cases of novel coronavirus disease (COVID-19) together with four hospital discharges on Monday, with the nation’s patient count now standing at 245.
Three of the additional infections are Vietnamese returning from Europe. They were sent to centralized quarantine zones upon entry.
The other patient took his wife to Bach Mai Hospital in Hanoi for a medical check.
Bach Mai is considered Vietnam’s largest known infection cluster, with at least 45 cases traced to this hospital.
Four patients were discharged from hospitals in the country on Monday, taking the number of recovered patients to 95.
Vietnam has recorded 245 COVID-19 patients so far, with 150 being active and no fatality recorded.
The country’s new infection rate has slowed in recent days, as only a few cases have been confirmed daily since the weekend.
Hanoi is the largest national epicenter with 107 confirmed cases, 38 of whom have recovered.
Ho Chi Minh City comes in second, having discharged 22 of its 53 patients.
Vietnam is practicing enhanced social distancing that will last through April 15.
People are advised to stay home, except for trips for food, medications, or emergency care.
Hanoi has even fined at least three for leaving their home for non-essential reasons.
A distance of two meters is recommended to be maintained in social interaction while inter-province travel has been effectively restricted.
Checkpoints have been established around Hanoi and Ho Chi Minh City to screen entrants for any suspected sign of the disease.
Authorities have closed entertainment venues like cinemas, bars, clubs, karaoke lounges, and more whereas restaurants have been told to offer takeout and delivery only.
Prime Minister Nguyen Xuan Phuc said on Monday that the social distancing measure has worked initially, calling for even more stricter implementation.
The Vietnamese government has made it public that it wants to keep the patient count below 1,000 for as long as possible.