JavaScript is off. Please enable to view full site.

​Seven hospitalized after drinking mixed liquor in southern Vietnam

​Seven hospitalized after drinking mixed liquor in southern Vietnam

Tuesday, September 05, 2017, 17:43 GMT+7

Seven people were hospitalized with symptoms of poisoning in southern Vietnam on Sunday after drinking a mix of rice spirits and herb-infused liquor.

The patients mixed 1.5 liters of the drink to be consumed at a private party in Ben Tre Province.

According to N.H.D., one of the patients responsible for throwing the bash combined 500 milliliters of rice spirits with one liter of herbal liquor for the gathering.

The liquor was infused with monk fruits, wild bananas and the fruit of the eleutherine bulbosa plant, D. said.

Seven party-goers, including the host, drank the alcohol with shrimp paste, pork, Tonkin jasmine, stir-fried beef and papaya soup.

Thirty minutes later, the participants began feeling numbness in their tongues, arms and legs, followed by dizziness and nausea.

They were immediately taken to Nguyen Dinh Chieu Hospital in Ben Tre for treatment, where they continued showing symptoms of poisoning such as numbness in their limbs and low blood pressure.

Doctors diagnosed the patients with food poisoning, though the specific bacteria is yet to be determined.

Ben Tre’s Department of Health has collected samples of the food and alcohol from the party for further lab testing.

Seven people were hospitalized with symptoms of poisoning in southern Vietnam on Sunday after drinking a mix of rice spirits and herb-infused liquor.

The patients mixed 1.5 liters of the drink to be consumed at a private party in Ben Tre Province.

According to N.H.D., one of the patients responsible for throwing the bash combined 500 milliliters of rice spirits with one liter of herbal liquor for the gathering.

The liquor was infused with monk fruits, wild bananas and the fruit of the eleutherine bulbosa plant, D. said.

Seven party-goers, including the host, drank the alcohol with shrimp paste, pork, Tonkin jasmine, stir-fried beef and papaya soup.

Thirty minutes later, the participants began feeling numbness in their tongues, arms and legs, followed by dizziness and nausea.

They were immediately taken to Nguyen Dinh Chieu Hospital in Ben Tre for treatment, where they continued showing symptoms of poisoning such as numbness in their limbs and low blood pressure.

Doctors diagnosed the patients with food poisoning, though the specific bacteria is yet to be determined.

Ben Tre’s Department of Health has collected samples of the food and alcohol from the party for further lab testing.

TUOI TRE NEWS

More

Read more

;

Photos

VIDEOS

‘Taste of Australia’ gala dinner held in Ho Chi Minh City after 2-year hiatus

Taste of Australia Gala Reception has returned to the Park Hyatt Hotel in Ho Chi Minh City's District 1 after a two-year hiatus due to the COVID-19 pandemic

Vietnamese woman gives unconditional love to hundreds of adopted children

Despite her own immense hardship, she has taken in and cared for hundreds of orphans over the past three decades.

Vietnam’s Mekong Delta celebrates spring with ‘hat boi’ performances

The art form is so popular that it attracts people from all ages in the Mekong Delta

Vietnamese youngster travels back in time with clay miniatures

Each work is a scene caught by Dung and kept in his memories through his journeys across Vietnam

Latest news