Four COVID-19 patients were declared free of the novel coronavirus in Da Nang, a touristy city, on Monday morning, after the Ministry of Health confirmed two virus-related deaths the same day.
One of the four recovered patients hails from Quang Ngai Province, about 145km southeast of Da Nang, with the other three coming from the touristy city.
They had recovered from COVID-19 and were released from the Da Nang Hospital for Lung Diseases, Le Thanh Phuc, director of the institution, said, adding that they would self-isolate at home for another 14 days as per regulations.
Health workers will be tasked with supevising the four’s self-isolation, Phuc said.
The health ministry also confirmed the deaths of two COVID-19 patients on Monday.
They had suffered several critical underlying conditions, including renal and heart failure.
They were aged 33 and 47, the youngest fatalities so far.
Vietnam has recorded 841 coronavirus infections since January 23, when it detected the first-ever patient, the Ministry of Health said.
Three hundred and seventeen of the total are imported cases quarantined upon arrival.
A combined 399 patients have recovered from COVID-19, the acute respiratory disease caused by the novel coronavirus, whereas 13 have lost their lives.
Among the dead, two were below 50 years of age, two above 50, and the rest over 60.
All but one had critical pre-existing conditions, as a 55-year-old patient lost her life on Sunday, having merely had a history of hypertension.
The health ministry has confirmed 384 cases traced to Da Nang since July 25, when the first domestic infection was logged there after Vietnam had gone 99 days without any community transmission.
Two hundred and sixty-nine of those cases have been registered in the coastal city as yet.
The virus has spread from the beach city to 14 other provinces and cities.