JavaScript is off. Please enable to view full site.

Hanoi toddler gets palm burned after unplugging charging mobile phone

Hanoi toddler gets palm burned after unplugging charging mobile phone

Thursday, April 21, 2022, 15:04 GMT+7
Hanoi toddler gets palm burned after unplugging charging mobile phone
Th. holds B.A., a two-year-old girl who was electrocuted and got her left palm burned after unplugging a charging mobile phone in Hanoi. Photo: Vietnam National Children’s Hospital

A two-year-old girl residing in Hanoi was electrocuted and had a cardiac arrest, losing her consciousness and having her entire left palm severely burned, after unplugging a charging mobile phone to play with it. 

The orthopedic department of Vietnam National Children’s Hospital is treating B.A., 29 months old, who was admitted to the hospital in a cyanotic state, with her left palm being extremely burned.

Th., A.’s mother, said that the baby had unplugged a charging mobile phone and got electrocuted.

The baby was then knocked unconscious, with her body turning pale while her left palm became black.

A neighbor gave A. first aid before her family members took her to the hospital.

“I was very shocked and scared,” Th. said. 

“Before that, I also knew about electric shock accidents caused by charging mobile phones through the media, but did not think it would happen to my child.”

Dr. Phung Cong Sang, deputy head of the orthopedic department of Vietnam National Children’s Hospital, said that A. has been treated for cardiovascular risk and acute renal failure.

After helping the baby into a stable state, doctors performed a surgical excision of her necrotic skin, treating her muscle and finger bones, ensuring both of her hand’s function and esthetics, according to Dr. Sang. 

“After the surgery, the baby is now in a stable condition, but her recovery still needs a long time,” the doctor said.

Dr. Sang also warned parents against letting children play with mobile phones being plugged into a power source.

Like us on Facebook or follow us on Twitter to get the latest news about Vietnam!

Bao Anh - Duong Lieu / Tuoi Tre News

More

Read more

;

Photos

VIDEOS

‘Taste of Australia’ gala dinner held in Ho Chi Minh City after 2-year hiatus

Taste of Australia Gala Reception has returned to the Park Hyatt Hotel in Ho Chi Minh City's District 1 after a two-year hiatus due to the COVID-19 pandemic

Vietnamese woman gives unconditional love to hundreds of adopted children

Despite her own immense hardship, she has taken in and cared for hundreds of orphans over the past three decades.

Vietnam’s Mekong Delta celebrates spring with ‘hat boi’ performances

The art form is so popular that it attracts people from all ages in the Mekong Delta

Vietnamese youngster travels back in time with clay miniatures

Each work is a scene caught by Dung and kept in his memories through his journeys across Vietnam

Latest news

India bans many single-use plastics to tackle waste

India imposed a ban on many single-use plastics on Friday in a bid to tackle waste choking rivers and poisoning wildlife, but experts say it faces severe headwinds from unprepared manufacturers and consumers unwilling to pay more