At least four people in a family from the northern Vietnamese province of Hung Yen have died of suspected food poisoning following a meal on Sunday.
The latest victim, 25-year-old Nguyen Thi Tinh, passed away at a hospital on Wednesday afternoon, according to the Vietnam News Agency.
The incident took place at the house of Nguyen Van Sang in Lai Ha Trung Village, Hung An Commune, Kim Dong District, Hoang Van Bac – chairman of the commune administration – confirmed to Tuoi Tre (Youth) newspaper on Tuesday.
On Sunday afternoon, nine people including Sang, his wife, their two daughters, as well as their husbands and children gathered for lunch at the house.
Following the meal, the two daughters – 27-year-old Nguyen Thi Tuoi and 25-year-old Nguyen Thi Tinh – and their family members returned to their own homes.
Tuoi’s eight-year-old son and Tinh’s four-year-old daughter experienced stomachache and nausea that night before passing away at their homes.
Tuoi and Tinh also had similar symptoms and were hospitalized.
The former died at the hospital on Tuesday afternoon, while the latter could not make it on the following day.
Tuoi’s husband did not have any symptoms at first but fell into a coma on Tuesday evening.
He is being monitored at the hospital.
Local authorities are working to find out the cause of death.
The family did not allow police to perform an autopsy on the two deceased children.
Like us on Facebook or follow us on Twitter to get the latest news about Vietnam!