Police in the central Vietnamese city of Da Nang are probing the cause of the death of a South Korean female traveler who allegedly died of electrocution at a local hotel swimming pool.
The incident occurred at the F. Hotel, located in a coastal area in Son Tra District, and police will provide official information about the case upon completion of their investigation, Nguyen Xuan Binh, deputy director of Da Nang Department of Tourism, told Tuoi Tre (Youth) newspaper on Friday.
The hotel’s rescuers had given first aid, including artificial respiration, to the woman but she could not survive, Binh said.
Some South Korean media outlets earlier reported that a South Korean woman in her 30s reportedly died from an electric shock at the swimming pool in the said hotel at 5:50 pm on Wednesday (October 5) local time.
The victim “was suddenly electrocuted and lost consciousness when she tried to enter the outdoor swimming pool,” SBS News said on Thursday.
“The woman collapsed unconscious in the swimming pool and was given first aid, including CPR, by rescuers, but eventually died,” news site Kurdo reported.
“Immediately after the accident, the hotel closed its swimming pool and went into temporary closure.”
As it involved a foreigner, the case is under the jurisdiction of the city-level police, the district administration said.
Nguyen Thanh Hai, the hotel’s executive director, told Tuoi Tre that he could not provide any further information about the death until the police complete their investigation.
The hotel will issue a press release about the case after getting permission from authorities, Hai said.