JavaScript is off. Please enable to view full site.

56 elementary students in Hanoi suffer food poisoning after field trip

56 elementary students in Hanoi suffer food poisoning after field trip

Wednesday, March 29, 2023, 12:39 GMT+7

Fifty-six students from Kim Giang Elementary School in Thanh Xuan District, Hanoi developed symptoms of food poisoning after a field trip on Tuesday.

Pham Gia Huu, head of the Education and Training Division of Thanh Xuan District, said on Tuesday evening that hospitals where the students are receiving treatment are working to discover the cause while providing treatment for the students.

On Tuesday, Kim Giang Elementary School organized the field trip to the Canh Buom Xanh (Blue Sail) Tourist Site in Gia Lam District, Hanoi for 915 first- and second-grade students.

Their lunch was prepared by the school’s canteen and transported to the tourist site. Dishes included fried rice, fried chicken, fries, sour soup, and cookies.

The students also had their own snacks and drinks prepared by their families, while the tourist site supplied them with bottled drinking water, the Vietnam News Agency reported.

They completed the trip and returned to the school at 2:30 pm on the same day when 56 students showed symptoms of abdominal pain and vomiting.

Of the total, 41 students were taken to nearby hospitals, while the remaining 15 students were being monitored at the school’s infirmary.

These 15 students are now in stable condition and have returned home.

Leaders of the People’s Committee of Thanh Xuan District have requested the district education division and the relevant agencies to identify the cause to set parents’ and students’ minds at rest.

The Hanoi Food Safety Authority proposed suspending the operation of Kim Giang Elementary School’s canteen.

According to a report by the authority, Kim Giang Elementary School signed a contract with Green Star Food JSC located in Dong Anh District, Hanoi in which the latter provides meals for the former’s students.

After an inspection, the authority found that they meet criteria in line with the law.

Samples of food offered to the students during the field trip and food at the school’s canteen have been taken and sent to the National Institute for Food Control for testing.

The Hanoi Food Safety Authority also worked with the medical center in Gia Lam District to take samples from the Canh Buom Xanh Tourist Site, according to the Vietnam News Agency.

Like us on Facebook or  follow us on Twitter to get the latest news about Vietnam!

Thanh Ha / Tuoi Tre News

More

Read more

18 die of rabies in Vietnam in Jan-Feb

Nearly 70,000 people suffering dog and cat bites received treatment at hospitals and got vaccinated against rabies during the two-month period

1 day ago
;

Photos

VIDEOS

‘Taste of Australia’ gala dinner held in Ho Chi Minh City after 2-year hiatus

Taste of Australia Gala Reception has returned to the Park Hyatt Hotel in Ho Chi Minh City's District 1 after a two-year hiatus due to the COVID-19 pandemic

Vietnamese woman gives unconditional love to hundreds of adopted children

Despite her own immense hardship, she has taken in and cared for hundreds of orphans over the past three decades.

Vietnam’s Mekong Delta celebrates spring with ‘hat boi’ performances

The art form is so popular that it attracts people from all ages in the Mekong Delta

Vietnamese youngster travels back in time with clay miniatures

Each work is a scene caught by Dung and kept in his memories through his journeys across Vietnam

Latest news