Local authorities on Wednesday said they were investigating a case in which a 24-year-old woman died after suffering from shock during acne treatment at a spa in Tan Phu District, Ho Chi Minh City a day earlier.
The investigation initially showed that as a regular customer, who had previously been to the said spa in Tan Phu District’s Tan Quy Ward for acne treatment and beauty care, U., a 24-year-old resident of District 10, came to seek acne treatment at the facility again at around 1:00 pm on Tuesday.
During her visit, a staff member applied an unknown substance on U.’s body, after which she began showing signs of shock.
Intending to remediate the reaction, the staff member injected U. with an anti-shock medicine, but the customer’s health condition worsened.
At that point, the owner of the spa facility called for medical emergency help.
After giving U. first aid, the medical emergency staff took her to a hospital for further treatment.
However, U. was declared dead at the hospital at around 4:45 pm on the same day.